My Three-Fold Utopian Dream
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
  A drought in the midst of rainfall
Depending on which part of the world you live in you may or may not have heard of the hosepipe ban that has taken over London and the south east. Apparantly we had a very dry winter..and also due to golbal warming we had less rainfall this year, and to top it off due to the incompetnce of water companies we are losing enough water to fill 344 olympic sized swimming pools everyday due to bust pipes and leakages.
To me thats just inexcusable. These water companies are making billions of pounds profit a year and they can't even fix some water pipes. It makes me so angry to think that we are paying our taxes for a service that we can't even use as we please. For example, just before easter I planted some flower seeds in my garden and it took about a month for them to grow. I was so pleased and called them 'my children'.. however due to the HOSEPIPE ban they wilted and DIED! I'm so gutted. I've never been one to follow the rules but this time round I thought hey let me get that sense of community and do something for my environment.. that's the last time I listen to THAT voice in my head. Also, I've got a pond in the back garden whose water is slowly turing green...not a pretty sight I tell you..
Anyways I'm off to take out the hosepipe and use some water to my hearts delight! ta ta

 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I am an open closed person who tends to be over emotional at times.. I am selectively sociable and enjoy sports.

ARCHIVES
May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 /


Powered by Blogger